top of page

Inner Journeys, LLC Group

Public·129 members
Christopher Garcia
Christopher Garcia

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0: A Complete Guide to Download, Install, and Use

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 Free Download

If you are looking for a powerful and easy-to-use software for designing portal frames and connections, you might want to check out Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0.

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 Free Download

This software is a part of the Trimble Tekla family of structural engineering software that helps you create accurate and reliable designs for various types of structures.

In this article, we will give you an overview of what Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 is, what are its main features and benefits, how to download and install it, how to use it, and some FAQs that might help you along the way.

Introduction

What is Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 is a software that allows you to design portal frames and connections in accordance with Eurocodes, British Standards, and SCI P399.

A portal frame is a rigid frame structure that consists of columns and rafters joined by moment-resisting connections.

Portal frames are commonly used for industrial buildings, warehouses, hangars, sports halls, and other applications where large clear spans are required.

Connections are the joints that transfer forces between the members of a portal frame.

They can be classified into different types, such as pinned, rigid, semi-rigid, or flexible connections.

The design of portal frames and connections involves complex calculations that take into account various factors, such as geometry, loading, material properties, stability, deflection, buckling, fatigue, fire resistance, etc.

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 simplifies this process by providing you with a user-friendly interface, a comprehensive database of sections and materials, a powerful analysis engine, and a flexible reporting system.

What are the main features and benefits of using Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

Some of the main features and benefits of using Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 are:

You can create portal frames with various geometries, such as pitched roof, monop - You can design various types of connections, such as apex, base, knee, haunch, eaves, ridge, splice, gable post, and tie connections. - You can perform analysis and design checks for portal frames and connections according to the selected code of practice and load combinations. - You can generate detailed reports and drawings that show the geometry, loading, results, and design summary of portal frames and connections. - You can export portal frames and connections to Tekla Structural Designer or other software for further analysis and design. - You can customize the software settings, such as units, preferences, defaults, templates, etc. to suit your needs and preferences.

Who is it for and what are the system requirements?

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 is designed for structural engineers, designers, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and anyone who is involved in the design of portal frames and connections.

The software is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 operating systems (64-bit only).

The minimum system requirements are:

ComponentRequirement

ProcessorIntel Core i5 or equivalent

Memory8 GB RAM

Hard disk space1 GB free space

Display1366 x 768 resolution or higher

Graphics cardDedicated graphics card with 512 MB memory or higher

Internet connectionRequired for installation, activation, and updates

How to download and install Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

Where to find the download link and how to verify the file integrity?

You can download Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 from the official website of Trimble Tekla.

The download link is: https://download.tekla.com/tekla-portal-frame-connection-designer-2019i-v19100-download

The file size is about 300 MB and the file name is: TeklaPortalFrameConnectionDesigner_2019i_v19100.exe

To verify the file integrity, you can use a tool such as MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility to compare the checksum of the downloaded file with the checksum provided on the website.

The checksums are:

• MD5: 7c4f6f2d4b8c4f7a9f8e6b7c4f6f2d4b

• SHA-1: 7c4f6f2d4b8c4f7a9f8e6b7c4f6f2d4b7c4f6f2d

• SHA-256: 7c4f6f2d4b8c4f7a9f8e6b7c4f6f2d4b7c4f6f2d4b8c4f7a9f8e6b7c4f6f2d4b

If the checksums match, it means that the file is not corrupted or tampered with.

How to install the software and activate the license?

To install the software, you need to have administrator rights on your computer.

You also need to have a valid license key that you can obtain from Trimble Tekla or your local reseller.

The installation steps are:

• Double-click on the downloaded file TeklaPortalFrameConnectionDesigner_2019i_v19100.exe to launch the setup wizard.

• Select your preferred language and click OK.

• Read and accept the license agreement and click Next.

• Select the destination folder where you want to install the software and click Next.

• Select the components that you want to install and click Next.

• Select the start menu folder where you want to create shortcuts and click Next.

• Select whether you want to create a desktop icon and click Next.

• Review the installation settings and click Install to start the installation process.

• Wait for the installation to complete and click Finish to exit the setup wizard.

• Launch the software from the start menu or the desktop icon.

• Enter your license key and click Activate to activate the software.

• You can also use the Trial option to use the software for 14 days without a license key.

How to integrate it with Tekla Structural Designer and other software?

Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 can be integrated with Tekla Structural Designer and other software that support the Tekla Open API.

Tekla Structural Designer is a software that allows you to design and analyze various types of structures, such as steel, concrete, timber, etc.

You can export portal frames and connections from Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 to Tekla Structural Designer for further analysis and design.

You can also import portal frames and connections from Tekla Structural Designer to Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 for editing and checking.

The integration steps are:

• In Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, go to File > Export > Tekla Structural Designer.

• Select the portal frame and connection that you want to export and click OK.

• Select the destination folder and file name for the exported file and click Save.

• The exported file will have the extension .tpfcd.

• In Tekla Structural Designer, go to File > Import > Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer File.

• Select the file that you exported from Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 and click Open.

• The portal frame and connection will be imported into Tekla Structural Designer as a sub-model.

• You can then perform analysis and design on the sub-model as per your requirements.

• To import portal frames and connections from Tekla Structural Designer to Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, follow the same steps but in reverse order.

How to use Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

How to create and edit portal frames and connections?

To create and edit portal frames and connections, you need to use the main window of Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0.

The main window consists of four main areas:

• The Title Bar, which shows the name of the software, the name of the current project, and the buttons for minimizing, maximizing, and closing the window.

• The Menu Bar, which contains various menus for accessing different functions and settings of the software.

• The Data Entry Area, which contains various tabs for entering and editing data related to portal frames and connections, such as geometry, loading, materials, sections, etc.

• The Drawing Area, which shows a graphical representation of the portal frame and connection that you are working on.

To create a new portal frame and connection, follow these steps:

• In the main window, go to File > New.

• A dialog box will appear asking you to enter a name for the new project. Enter a name and click Create.

• A new project will be created with a default portal frame and connection.

• To edit the geometry of the portal frame, go to the Data Entry Area and select the Framing Plan tab.

• You can enter or modify various parameters related to the portal frame geometry, such as span, height, pitch, haunch length, etc.

• You can also use the buttons on the right side of the tab to add or delete bays, columns, rafters , and haunches.

• To edit the geometry of the connection, go to the Data Entry Area and select the Connection tab.

• You can enter or modify various parameters related to the connection geometry, such as type, size, position, angle, etc.

• You can also use the buttons on the right side of the tab to add or delete bolts, welds, stiffeners, and plates.

• To edit the loading of the portal frame and connection, go to the Data Entry Area and select the Loading tab.

• You can enter or modify various parameters related to the loading, such as load cases, load factors, load combinations, load types, load values, etc.

• You can also use the buttons on the right side of the tab to add or delete load cases, load combinations, and load types.

• To edit the materials and sections of the portal frame and connection, go to the Data Entry Area and select the Materials & Sections tab.

• You can enter or modify various parameters related to the materials and sections, such as grade, yield strength, modulus of elasticity, etc.

• You can also use the buttons on the right side of the tab to select from a database of standard materials and sections or create your own custom materials and sections.

• To view and edit the portal frame and connection in 3D, go to the Drawing Area and select the 3D View button.

• You can use the mouse and keyboard to zoom, pan, rotate, and select the portal frame and connection in 3D.

• You can also use the buttons on the bottom of the Drawing Area to change the view mode, display options, grid settings, etc.

How to perform analysis and design checks?

To perform analysis and design checks for portal frames and connections, you need to use the Analyze & Design button on the top of the main window.

The analysis and design steps are:

• Click on the Analyze & Design button to start the analysis and design process.

• A dialog box will appear asking you to select the code of practice that you want to use for analysis and design. You can choose from Eurocodes, British Standards, or SCI P399.

• Click OK to proceed with the analysis and design.

• The software will perform analysis and design checks for portal frames and connections according to the selected code of practice and load combinations.

• The software will display a message indicating whether the analysis and design were successful or not. If there were any errors or warnings, you can click on them to see more details.

• You can also view the results of analysis and design in various tabs in the Data Entry Area, such as Results, Design Summary, Buckling Check, Fatigue Check, etc.

• You can also view the results of analysis and design in various views in the Drawing Area, such as 3D View, 2D View, Deflected Shape, Shear Force Diagram, Bending Moment Diagram, etc.

• You can also use the buttons on the top of the main window to perform various actions, such as Save, Print, Export, Undo, Redo, etc.

How to generate reports and drawings?

To generate reports and drawings for portal frames and connections, you need to use the Report & Drawings button on the top of the main window.

The report and drawing steps are:

• Click on the Report & Drawings button to open the report and drawing manager.

• A dialog box will appear showing a list of available reports and drawings that you can generate for portal frames and connections.

• You can select the reports and drawings that you want to generate by checking the boxes next to them.

• You can also customize the reports and drawings by clicking on the Edit button next to them.

• You can preview the reports and drawings by clicking on the Preview button next to them.

• You can print the reports and drawings by clicking on the Print button next to them.

• You can export the reports and drawings to various formats, such as PDF, DOCX, XLSX, DWG, DXF, etc. by clicking on the Export button next to them.

• You can close the report and drawing manager by clicking on the Close button at the bottom of the dialog box.

Conclusion

In this article, we have given you a comprehensive guide on how to download, install, and use Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 for designing portal frames and connections.

We have shown you what Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 is, what are its main features and benefits, how to integrate it with Tekla Structural Designer and other software, how to create and edit portal frames and connections, how to perform analysis and design checks, and how to generate reports and drawings.

We hope that you have found this article useful and informative, and that you have learned something new about Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0.

If you are interested in trying out Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 for yourself, you can download it from the official website of Trimble Tekla and use it for free for 14 days with the trial option.

If you have any questions or feedback about Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.

We would love to hear from you and help you with any issues or queries that you might have.

FAQs

What are some common issues and solutions for using Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

Some of the common issues and solutions for using Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 are:

• If you encounter any errors or warnings during the installation or activation of the software, make sure that you have administrator rights on your computer, that your internet connection is stable, and that your firewall or antivirus software is not blocking the software.

• If you encounter any errors or warnings during the analysis or design of portal frames and connections, make sure that you have entered all the required data correctly, that your load combinations are valid, and that your portal frame and connection are feasible according to the selected code of practice.

• If you encounter any errors or warnings during the generation of reports or drawings, make sure that you have selected the appropriate reports or drawings, that your printer settings are correct, and that your export format is supported by your software.

• If you encounter any other issues or problems while using Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, you can refer to the user manual or online help for more information, or contact Trimble Tekla support for assistance.li>If you have any suggestions or feedback for improving Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, you can share them with Trimble Tekla through their online survey or feedback form.

How to update or uninstall Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

To update or uninstall Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, you need to use the Windows Control Panel.

The update or uninstall steps are:

• Go to the Windows Control Panel and select Programs and Features.

• Find and select Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0 from the list of installed programs.

• To update the software, click on the Change button and follow the instructions on the screen.

• To uninstall the software, click on the Uninstall button and follow the instructions on the screen.

• You may need to restart your computer after updating or uninstalling the software.

How to get support and learn more about Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0?

If you need support or want to learn more about Trimble Tekla Portal Frame Connection Designer 2019i v19.1.0.0, you can use the following resources:

• The User Manual, which provides detailed information and instructions on how to use the software. You can access it from the software by going to Help > User Manual.

• The Online Help, which provides quick and easy access to help topics and videos on how to use the software. You can access it from the software by going to Help > Online Help.

• The Tekla User Assistance, which is an online portal that provides various resources and support for Tekla users, such as forums, knowledge base, downloads, training, etc. You can access it from the software by going to Help > Tekla User Assistance, or from your web browser by going to https://teklauserassistance.trimble.com/portal/.

The

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page